Career -> Academic support -> Speech Therapist
Work Location :
Airaa Academy, BSK campus, Jayanagar, J P nagar, Padmanabhanagar Bangalore
Work Experience ::
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a speech therapist working with children of age 2 years to 10 years.
Broad Job Summary :
We are looking for qualified and experienced speech therapist with a passion to work with learners and a commitment to contributing towards learners’ academic success and holistic wellbeing.
Key area of responsibilities: :
- A core role of the school-based speech-language pathologist is to conduct a thorough and balanced speech, language, or communication assessment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in identifying learners with speech, communication, social communication challenges.
- Conduct assessments and develop and implement personalised therapy plans based on the assessment.
- Collaborate with facilitators and parents to ensure a holistic approach to learner’s speech and communication development and progress.
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions
- Assess students’ progress regularly and provide feedback to parents and leadership team of the school.
- Proactive participation in school events and Beyond academic activities as needed.
- Keen interest in professional development activities to stay updated with best practices.
Qualification (UG/PG) : BASLP/MSc in Audiology/MSc in Speech Language Pathology:
- Ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams in the school
- Good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and comply with school guidelines
- Empathy, patience and genuine desire to help learners overcome challenge and contribute to their holistic development.
- Computer skills – Basic to intermediate with working knowledge in MS office, power point presentation.
- Good command in written and oral communication skill in English language.