Career -> Academic support -> Occupational Therapist
Position : : Full time
No. of Positions : 1
Work Location ::
Airaa Academy, BSK campus, Jayanagar, J P nagar, Padmanabhanagar- Bangalore
Broad Job Summary :
We are looking for qualified and experienced occupational therapist with a passion to work with learners and a commitment to contributing towards learners’ academic progress and holistic wellbeing.
Key area of responsibilities: :
- A core role of the school-based occupational therapist is to conduct a thorough and balanced assessment and identify learners with motor, sensory and attention challenges
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in identifying learners with motor, sensory and attention challenges.
- Conduct assessments and develop and implement personalised therapy plans based on the assessment.
- Collaborate with facilitators and parents to ensure a holistic approach to learner’s speech and communication development and progress.
- Provide individual and group therapy sessions
- Assess students’ progress regularly and provide feedback to parents and leadership team of the school.
- Proactive participation in school events and Beyond academic activities as needed.
- Keen interest in professional development activities to stay updated with best practices.
- A bachelor’s degree/Master’s Degree in occupational from a reputed institute
- Ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams of the school
- Good team player with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Empathy, patience and genuine desire to help learners overcome challenge and contribute to their holistic development
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and comply with school guidelines
- Computer skills – Basic to intermediate with working knowledge in MS office, power point presentation.
Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a occupational therapist working with children of age 2 years to 15 years.